[CBQ] Review of Golden Gate Depot Ogle Wood Coal Tower

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Review of Golden Gate Depot Ogle Wood Coal Tower
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 05:07:12 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
FYI only. I am not a dealor, vendor, or manufacturer.  Just
generating discussion of CB&Q O-gauge models.

I almost forgot.  The Golden Gate Depot (on 3RD Rail/Sunset's
website) has offered a pre-built model of an Ogle 100 ton wooden
frame coaling tower in plastic.  It is offered in black and in
brown.  The website photo is brown and looks very Q to me, although
I could not find any exact match in the BR/CB&Q books.  The base is
9" x 6" with a height of 22" (36' x 24' x 88' in O-scale).  It is
made of plastic.  MSRP is $170 + $30 s/h.

Although I would love to have one of these, maybe I should actually
build the Bachman wood coal tower and Lionel concrete coal tower
kits that I already have.  While I am at it, maybe building a layout
first would be a good idea.  I tend to put the train (and kits,
layout, finishing the basement, etc) in front of the locomotive.

Enjoy.

Bill