If I could go back( was Re: [CBQ] Re: Burlington Station)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: If I could go back( was Re: [CBQ] Re: Burlington Station)
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:22:25 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
If I could go back in time as an adult, I would love to return to 1953 and
visit Denver Union Station.  And also ride the 1936 DZ.  It would be
interesting to compare my impressions as an adult with those I had when I was a
child riding the train.

  I would also make sure to step off the train at Omaha.  This is something I
did not do, even when I was a teenager.

  sjl

Charlie Vlk <cvlk@comcast.net> wrote:
  Pete-
If God himself came down and said, "Charlie, you can be 20 again and
retain everything you know or have now and live to 100", I think I would
say, "Thanks but no thanks".....
I am not a luddite, making my living on a computer via the internet and
using DCC for my railroad and creating models using state of the art
Rapid Prototyping methods, etc.......
....but I'm not sure that the quality of life is equal to what it was in the
'50s, '60s, and '70s.....  before cell phones, downsizing, political
correctness,
satellite radio, ATMs......and on and on.
Now, on the other hand if I could go BACK 50 or 75 years under the same
conditions.....   I'd get shots of Western Avenue, both Aeolus together,
roster
shots of waycars in their original condition, pictures of freight cars,
figure out
where the Farnham electric trials were conducted, determine if the Lyons
Belt
ever connected to the Q, and take pictures of the Chicago, Millington &
Western
narrow gauge in operation!!!
Charlie