[CBQ] Re: C&S SD-40 details

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: C&S SD-40 details
From: "Dale DeWitt" <dcdewitt@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:17:59 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks Rich,

I agree the page 100 photo of C&S #884 appears to have a rear facing
bell on its horn set.  In fact under strong magnification it almost
appears to have two small rear facing bells.  Also noted that this
loco seems to have a different set of horns from the rest of the
SD40 group.  The large forward facing bell is on the engineer's side
rather than on the fireman's side like the rest of the group.  I
wonder if this is the original set of horns or if they has been
replaced after 6 years?  Since the Kato model is factory lettered
for the #875, I think I will go with the style used on the other
SD40s in the group. i.e., pages 92-94.  Somewhere out there, there
is probably a top rear shot that would make my day.

Dale DeWitt

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, richtownsend@... wrote:

> In Ed Fulcomer's "Colorado & Southern Southern Division" at page
100 there's a broadside view of #884 in green and black that to my
eyes shows a small bell facing rearward between two larger, forward-
facing bells.  It's tough to tell for sure in all the SD-40 pics in
the book.

http://isp.netscape.com/register