Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2659

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2659
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:15:29 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie,

My M-4 drawings include the locomotive cross sections, the hudson
drawings are side elevations only.  Indeed, if Baldwin worked the same
way as EMD did, there are many more drawings down to the individual
piece parts. However, my erection drawings do show frame and other
detail with other components overlayed. At EMD, we also had a drawing
that we called a general arrangement drawing. It was a side, end and
top view that appeared much as a photo would appear. This drawing was
often the basis for our styling and painting diagrams. There was no
internal detail as shown in the general arrangement drawings.

"Full set" is probably the wrong term. Even the RR may not have had a
"full set" of production drawings. That would include thousands of
individual drawings, many of which Baldwin may have consider
proprietary, certainly EMD did. Drawings with finished machining
dimensions were almost never released to anyone.

Bill Barber