Re: [CBQ] Q O-1a

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q O-1a
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:45:52 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
John Manion wrote:
"I have several brass models of the Q O-1a 2-8-2 (4900 series), most of
which are older models from Lambert and poorly detailed and poor performers.
I have one Oriental Limited model which is nicely detailed.   I believe that
the O-1a 2-8-2s are the most typical of the Q steamers and would like to see
a newer more detailed brass model or a plastic model from BWL or Spectrum.
What can we do to get our interests heard by these companies?"

As many of you know I work for Broadway Limited / Precision Craft.
To get these models done all it would take is a complete research package.
Baldwin erection drawings
detail drawings (cab, pilot, and other major assemblies and appliances)
photos
detailed photo study of 4978, 4963 (digital photos covering every square
foot of these two locos)
presentation drawings (as done for MR)

Same is true for any other CB&Q locomotive, although I feel a 01a is maybe
the best starting point. (Although I sure would like to see O5, M4a, S4a, or
maybe a K2!!! .....)

I would be glad to work with anyone wishing to spearhead such a project.
With my regular workload I cannot lead it but have considerable material
(drawings, photos) to add to the Research Package.  We do compensate
independent researchers for their efforts.

If anyone has the time and resources to do such a project please get in
contact with me off-list and we can talk!

Charlie Vlk
Railroad Model Resources/
BLI / PCM