Re: [CBQ] Question about DD Boxcar #48500 with End Doors

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Question about DD Boxcar #48500 with End Doors
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:04:16 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill,

  They did not have boxcars per se but did have automobile cars with
double doors and end doors. They were class XA-15B 48500-48599 built in
1941 so they would have been painted tuscan originally, I did see one
sitting on the ground in Nebraska painted Chinese Red so at least some
did get the new paint.
I don't know how accurate it will be but it will probably be close.

There is an article on the Composite Autocars in Vol 12. of the "Railway
Prototype Cyclopedia", it says the next issue  (vol 13) will have the
steel auto cars.

Ken Martin