RE: [CBQ] Whereabouts of power combine 7301?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Whereabouts of power combine 7301?
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:21:12 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
There was some discussion on this topic on the IRM
List a while back.  Here
is what I gathered from the discussion.  I cannot
determine if it ever was
at IRM, but I do know it was at the Cadillac and Lake
City Railroad in
Limon, CO before being sold to the Midland Railway in
the late 90s.  The
Midland Railway received $19,000 from the North
American Railway Foundation
for restoration in 2003.  Recent pictures can be found
at these links.

http://www.midland-ry.org/midland/images/cars/Combine_7301.jpg
http://www.midland-ry.org/midland/images/cars/7301_H.jpg
http://www.midland-ry.org/midland/Equipment_Photos.html#7301

Hope this help!

Bryan J. Howell
bryan.howell@valpo.edu
KC9HNA
Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity
Northwest Indiana NWA Treasurer
VUSIT
WVUR DJ and News Team
Illinois Railway Museum Diesel Dept. Volunteer

Can anyone update me on the whereabouts of CB&Q
suburban power combine
7301?  The BRHS roster indicates that it went to IRM
at Union, IL, but
their website roster makes no reference to the car.

Don Crimmin