Re: [CBQ] Re: Algoma Central, etc.

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Algoma Central, etc.
From: "Gary Northrup" <gnorthrup@netonecom.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:58:08 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Allan,
The tour train does not run with a baggage car. The "local" which stops
anywhere you want it to from the Soo to Hearst  (300 miles) will run with
two baggage cars. One for general baggage, gear, supplies for stores and
camps along the line, etc. The second baggage car is for combustable items
(ie LP gas, snowmobiles , 4 wheelers etc. I am a partner in a cabin at mile
marker 48 on the Algoma at Lake Ogidaki. Only way to get there is to take
the train or 4 wheel over some pretty rugged terrain. The trains are our
time markers during the day.

Gary Northrup