[CBQ] iowa and nebraska

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] iowa and nebraska
From: William Ewinger <b_ewinger@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:15:36 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
found this on another list and thought we should know what going on with form
q-lines
  bill ewinger
                                             ound this bit of info on another
list, from train
service employee:

We added a bunch more turns to the Creston pool(out of
Galesburg)
and are already taking some buisness from the UP. Plus
from the Lincoln crews we hear they are double
tracking the Creston to Lincoln line and believe me it
wont be for Z trains.

I'll add here:

The "Q" had double track all the way to Red Oak, IA at
one time. I think the BN ripped out the other main
west of Creston around 1972-73, and created the short
stretches of 2 main CTC that is out there now. I dont
think the "Q" had DT west from Red Oak to P Jct except
in such locales as Hastings, Glenwood and P Jct.
Anyway, sounds intresting that BNSF has been thinking
of doing this. It's been talked about as far back as
the early 1990's.

Dave K