[CBQ] Research road trip on old CB&Q and GM&O

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, GMOHS@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Research road trip on old CB&Q and GM&O
From: Stan Maddox <stan.maddox@burlingtongulf.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:53:48 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello all,

The Burlington Gulf crew is heading out Wednesday on another railroad
research road trip. The topographic maps, cameras, tape measure and
cooler are packed and ready to go. We're starting our day in
Beardstown, Illinois. From there we are heading southeast towards
Jacksonville, where we will pick up the GM&O Jack Line due south
through Roodhouse to White Hall. From there, we'll pick up the Q
again, looping back northward on the old branch, up through Chapin
back to Concord.

We plan to stop in every town along the way, and we are taking plenty
of photos and measurements that will be shared online.

Sincere thanks to one and all who have contributed info on Beardstown
and Jacksonville to date. Please feel free to suggest specific points
of interest anywhere along the route, such as old industries,
structure foundations, trestle locations, etc. You know, the stuff
modelers are usually interested in. (Please keep in mind that we are
restricting ourselves to publicly-accessible locations.)

Questions:
1.) Was there ever a tower at the crossing of the CB&Q and GM&O just
west of Roodhouse?
2.) What was the Q branch called?
3.) When was the Jack Line pulled up in Jacksonville?
4.) What kind of CB&Q and GM&O switching activity took place in White
Hall, especially interchange?

Thanks for your time, and happy holidays!

Stan Maddox
www.burlingtongulf.com

For $25, 15 Afghan women can learn to read. Your gift can make a difference.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rQ8GtB/SdGMAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM