[CBQ] Thanks for all the help with 9255

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Thanks for all the help with 9255
From: "buzz_morris" <buzz_morris@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 03:39:59 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I would like to thank the good folks in this group for all the help
with the restoration of CB&Q SW-7 # 9255 at The Illinois Rail Museum.
I wanted to provide a high rez. Photo of the completed loco but have
been unable to catch it outside. Jamie our diesel curator posted some
updates a few days ago at our website and I will copy that link until
I can post a nice one for you guys.
http://www.irm.org/gallery/9255painting (two pages available)
Special thanks to Charlie Vlk who was gracious enough to send original
graphics of his SW-7 HO artwork. The "Way of" and "Everywhere" side
lettering was scaled directly from HO up to 12" = 1' and printed on 4'
high plotter paper to make a lettering mask.
The herald downloaded from this groups file section was used as a
template to cut reflective red and white vinyl for the finished herald.
Dave Lotz, Louis Zanichek and others sent much needed photos and
graphics to complete the reporting numbers and other detail lettering.
Big thanks from the IRM and me, you made it happen.
If anyone ever wants to drop by and see it, or get the cooks tour at
the IRM just drop me a line at buzz@niu.edu.
Buzz Morisette
P.S still need to do the 4" letter F next to the front steps if anyone
has a good picture or file of that I could use it.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM