[CBQ] Re: CB&Q 4716 Silver Bridle

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q 4716 Silver Bridle
From: "Allan B. Huskins Jr." <allan@californiazephyr.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 07:17:47 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hey Phil... Sorry about that!  I should have been more descriptive.

Silver Bridle was one of the Vista Dome Chair cars built for the California
Zephyr.  It was a
CZ-22, meaning that it was one of the cars briefly known as "Women &
Children's" cars
when the CZ first began operating.  The CZ-22's were the forward-most revenue
cars
(positioned directly behind the baggage car). The front half of the car was
separated by a
door installed in the aisle under the dome between the restroom doors (the
women's
restroom being the front restroom). The section was set aside for women
traveling alone
or alone with children.  It didn't quite work out and the doors were soon
removed.  This
left the CZ-22's basically the same as the CZ-20's.  The CZ-21's were similar
but had an
area for the conductor's desk.

Following the demise of the CZ and the creation of Amtrak, the Bridle went to
Amtrak.
Post-Amtrak, it spent time in Alaska before heading to Denver, and then spent
some time
on a lease in Mexico. It was sold at auction last year to the Mt. Dora & Lake
Eustis Railway
which had it in New Orleans for refurbishing.

Hope this helps,
Allan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM