Re: Re: [CBQ] Decals & Gray Ghosts

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [CBQ] Decals & Gray Ghosts
From: <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 8:24:52 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
> Also you're correct when saying don't depend on the latest 4 color book for
> "exact" paint samples. When scanning old color films many times there are
> color
> shifts (you know that of course). Old Kodachromes and Ektachromes each have
> their very own color problems for the scanner guys. It can be a challenge!

Actually, most people who are publishing modern color books are using color
correction to get to a more correct color shade.  It varies on the condition
and quality of the slide as to how close you can really get to the 'original'
color, as well, different brands of slide go off usually in a predictable
manner.

Most of my slides/photos on Castle Graphics have all been color-corrected.
Some of them needed a lot, some of them I just could't fix (the slide/negative
was damaged or the color shift had gone too far), yet others came out just like
the day they were shot.  Some slide that I have recieved actually were not bad
on their own, and required little or no correction.

Cheers!

Jan Kohl
Castle Graphics
www.castlegraphics.com