Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2528

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2528
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:59:29 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob and Gordon,

The wreck occurred on former Rock Island trackage in a 15 mph
restricted zone. Engineer had only been in service on Metra for 45
days. The train was inbound (east bound) and appeared to have five
double deck non Q Metra cars and one of the new Boise built
locomotives. The train separated during the derailment, but nothing
turned over. Late last night, the fatalities had increased to two, with
about 80 people injured. NTSB was on the scene last night, but no cause
was indicated. Signals were clear, but there did appear to be some
switches in the vicinity. Metra expects the line to be open for regular
commuter operation Monday morning.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM