Re: [CBQ] re: gas prices for Dubuque meet

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] re: gas prices for Dubuque meet
From: JAS SCHWARZ <jas.schwarz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:14:28 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Gerald,

I filled out the registration form in the amount of
$90.00.

Meeting Registration for my wife and I: $40.00
One (1) swap table                      $10.00
Two for the Saturday Night Banquet      $40.00

Total...................................$90.00

However, for some strange reason, I sent a check
#5115, on August 3, for only $30.00. Now I remember, I
was going to bring my wife along, but that still would
be too costly. The $30.00 was for my registration
($20.00) and one swap table ($10.00)

I did receive a notice from you that I was registered
for the Annual Meet.

Anyway, I just won't be able to make the meet.

Thanks!!!

James E Schwarz

--- "Gerald A. Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------
Sorry you are not attending Jim but per records to
date you had never
registered for the meet anyway or am I in error?  In
any case, there
have been no cancels and we know some registrants are
driving from
southern Mississippi, California, etc.  Gas
availbility is no problem
and prices have begun to moderate now that the
traditional increase @
Labor Day effect wears off (vacation gas usage ending
with start of
school), oil released from world and USA stocks,
production and
transportation resuming from some areas of Gulf, etc.
Again too for
those on a budget - the meet is largely "ala carte" -
i.e. register
and pay for only those parts that interest plus there
are alternative
lodging choices @ lesser prices (only 2 takers so
far).
For those driving, due to varying state taxes, gas in
Iowa is
generally cheaper than WI, MN & IL but higher than
Missouri.  MN is
cheaper than WI.  A good way to ck as you get ready to
drive to Dbq
is to go to Gasbuddy.com and click on the towns/states
you will be
traveling thru to find high/low prices.
An added attraction to Friday night (exclusive open
house @ restored
CB&N depot and National River Museum) is a
clinic/talk/dispkay on RR
artwork by the woman who did several CC&P calendars
and lots of RR
commissions.
Lastly, if looking for a 'carpool', let us know & we
can alert you to
other BRHS mbrs AND ICHS!) coming from your area or an
intervening
point.    Gerald (for Laird & Bob too)

Terms of Service.

Help Sudanese refugees rebuild their lives through GlobalGiving.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjNroD/EbOLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM