Re: [CBQ] Mr. Manley

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Mr. Manley
From: <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:24:31 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Sorry Leo,
Yep, I'm trying to be funny about having that many e mails. I was away at my
son's wedding and got back to find that many emails on my PC. If I paid less
attention to them I would have 3 EJ&E 40 ft.ers and 4 C&S 2 bay USRA hoppers
done.
Jim doesn't participate in the Yahoo groups like I do. He's a dedicated
Burlington man and has done much to preserve and share the history of the
route.  He's my mentor in matters concerning the Q and midwest in general.
The point I was making was the Mike should NOT have a silver smokebox. That was
done on fantrips and  some static displays. It's great that folks are concerned
about getting it right. We've seen so many displays and Museum pieces painted
wrong for the sake of having a Red caboose and white rimmed drivers when they
should have been painted Aluminum or not painted like an American Flyer engine.
Rob Manley