[CBQ] CB&Q, FW&D, C&S steam locomotive roster...done!

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q, FW&D, C&S steam locomotive roster...done!
From: Jan Kohl <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:15:52 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Ok, everyone...we finally finished our project...taking the information
from Bernard Corbin's book and putting it all into excel spreadsheet
format.  Now you can not only easily see the information that was in
tables at the back of the book, but you can sort and view on any type of
information you want...how many locomotives were built by Burlington
shops?  Which locomotives were in Hannibal in 1953?  How may A-1s were
built?

Go to http://www.burlingtonroute.com > rosters and you'll find it.  Enjoy!

The readme follows:
Information
-----------
This zip contains Excel spreadsheets of Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
steam locomotives, including FW&D and C&S.  We wanted to have the
ability to sort and find information on Q steam locomotives, but most of
the information was encapsuled in older books.  We wanted a resource
that was easily accessible by everyone, as well as sort-able and easy to
read.

Most of the information comes from Bernard Corbin's book, Steam
Locomotives of the Burlington Route.  This is a very good resource, and
has detailed information about most of the Q locomotives.  We've
combined several tables in that book into several comprehensive lists.

The CBQ_locomotive_long list is a complete listing of all classes in one
huge list.  This will help someone who may not know the details of a
specific locomotive, so they can sort the entire list and maybe find
what they are looking for.

The CBQ_locomotive_paged list is for those who know what class or wheel
arrangement the locomotive they are looking up has, and is broken out by
class/wheel arrangment.

Date of this release
--------------------
July 25, 2005

Credits
-------
Bernard Corbin & his long work at bringing railroad photography and
information to thousands of people, years after he has moved on past
that Final Stop.

Special thanks to these people who worked hard to make this list a reality:
Greg Koon, Ray Bedard, Tom Koch, Dan Hollis, Rob Adams, Richard
Morgan-Fine, Rodney Masten, Glen Haug and Jan Kohl.
Very special thanks to Rupert Gamlen who did some major work in
compiling the lists and error checking.

Notes & Disclaimers
there is a blank list included for other groups who would like to create
a similar list of their railroad's locomotives.

Cheers!

Jan