Re: [CBQ] Nebraska

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Nebraska
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:08:33 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob,

In Grand Island is the Stuhr "Museum of the Prarie"
http://www.stuhrmuseum.org/general.htm
part of which is a "railroad town" with some UP and narrow gauge
equipment. They have also brought in some old buildings.

Between G.I. and Kearney You might drop down through Hastings and follow
34 through Minden and then back up to Kearney. At Minden is Harold
Warp's "Pioneer Museum"
http://www.pioneervillage.org/
Buildings, vehicles, lots of old stuff including a Q K-10 painted tourist.

At Kearney is Ft. Kearney state park, a restored pioneer fort.

Hwy 34 also loosly follows the Q into Ft. Morgan, Co. Good 2 lane road
and different scenery than I-80 though the west end gets into miles and
miles of "miles and miles" 8^).

Ken Martin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM