[CBQ] Challenger 4-6-4

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Challenger 4-6-4
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:37:19 -0700
Bcc:
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have an opportunity to purchase a Challenger 4-6-4 #4001 (HO). Because of
the high costs (a lot more than I should pay for it) I would like to get
comments from others that have before making the investment.

I know the detail is outstanding, and it should run better than most other
brass. However, I would like to know what the minimum radius that this
engine will negotiate. Also, I heard that it is not a heavy puller and may
be restricted to pulling a light passenger consist. That it might not pull a
string of brass heavy weights. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM