Re: [CBQ] Re: Subject: Colors Of Forms

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Subject: Colors Of Forms
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:48:14 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Clearance Form B was Green also(Proceed at Reduced Speed through the block)
Permissive Form C was Pink(often called a pink slip((Proceed expecting to find
train in the block between ___ and ___))
Clearance Form F  Was Yellow  (Proceed per rule 509A on ____ Track)((is not in
the 67 rule book have to look in the 51 rule book(((When stopped at a stop and
proceed indication may proceed at Restricted Speed not exceeding 15 MPH
expecting to find a train in the block, broken rail, obstruction or switch not
properly lined)))
On the BN we had gotten rid of every thing but the Form 19 and Clearance Form A
except on the Albia to Des Moines line where we used Wabash forms and would
issue pink cards so trains could follow.  The train ahead still had to comply
with Rule 99(flagging)
On the Pea Vine (Galesburg to Savanna) the Rock Island would run a train from
Colona to Orion Jct both points did not have an operator the line then crossed
the CTC at Galva to some coal mines south of there.  Cambridge copied the
orders and it was not only dark but blind movements.  The RI guys were very bad
at Rule 99(Flagging) so with out a Pink Card we would issue a message to trains
at Barstow or Alpha they were following a RI train or we could have a rear
ender very easy
sjh