Re: [CBQ] Re:CTC Pacific Jct to Council Bluffs

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re:CTC Pacific Jct to Council Bluffs
From: "GLEN HAUG" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:05:41 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Lenny:

According to the timetables, CTC was removed well after merger.  I have a
Denver Region BN Timetable 19 from October 1979 that still shows CTC in service
between P. Jct. and Council Bluffs, including the control sidings at Folsom and
Island Park.  The signals, and cantilever signal bridges on the north end are
definitely gone now.

The Special Instructions for the last CB&Q timetable for Lincoln and Alliance
Divisions for the 1st Subdivision (St. Joseph to Council Bluffs) indicates at
Pacific Jct (these are not all of the instructions):

"First Class trains will register by ticket.  Extra trains enroute to or from
Council Bluffs (not required to stop at Pacific Jct.) may register by register
ticket.  No train order signal.  Trains must receive clearance"

In addition, speed was still 79 north of Pacific Jct., and 59 only between
Napier and Pacific Jct., which was definitely dark.

Glen Haug