[CBQ] RE: Advertising and services to attract female passengers

To: "Di Drummond" <d.k.drummond@btinternet.com>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: Advertising and services to attract female passengers
From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:18:27 -0500
Cc: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Greetings from across the pond!

While we are a volunteer organization and do not have a staff to assist you
with detailed research to answer your question, I can briefly tell you that
the CB&Q did consider their female passengers in advertising, at stations
and in car design.  In stations and in lounge cars, there were separate
women?s lounges that were much more comfortable in their furnishings, and
where smoking was not allowed.  Even as late at the 1949 equipping of the
California Zephyr, there was a car that was specially equipped for the
female passengers.

I am forwarding this response to our Yahoo email forwarding group to allow
the 800+ members online a chance to further expound on my answer, and
possibly provide specific examples.

Thanks for writing!

Dave Lotz
BRHS

CBQ Listers ? remember to copy Dr. Drummon?s email address in your replies!