[CBQ] Re: CZ Car washers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CZ Car washers
From: jonathanharris@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:05:44 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I wonder if the car washers in some locations might have been "directional"
-- at least for certain trains like the CZ. I could see a certain
rationale. e.g., for washing the eastbound Zephyr at Salt Lake to give
passengers the best possible daylight views of the Rockies, but not
westbound for the nightime traverse of the Nevada desert; Portola would be
the opposite: westbound yes, for the Feather River Canyon by day, no for
the eastound desert crossing at night -- poor Nevada :-(

jonathan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM