[CBQ] RE: Q Freight Car Sighting

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] RE: Q Freight Car Sighting
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:26:41 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This evening, I was in a Sandwich, IL shop when an eastbound freight
went through about 6:45 pm. I was watching the cars go by when to my
astonishment, I noted that the next to the last car was a tank with
convex ends about 50 or 60 feet in length, painted black and still
carrying full CB&Q "BURLINGTON" down the side with a large Q Burlington
Route herald on one end including a red border. The lettering was
somewhat faded, but clearly legible.  I didn't get the full current
number, but the BNSF number series was 97XXXX. Amazing, after 35 years,
a little of the Q still lives! I wish I had been able to get a photo.
Ironically, I saw the same train earlier in the afternoon being held
west of Somonauk, but of course, didn't know this "treasure" was in the
train.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM