[CBQ] C&S Water Tender

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] C&S Water Tender
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:32:41 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The photo of C&S 903 reminded me of a question.   I acquired both 902 and 903
late last year, as well as the C&S auxiliary water tender, all made by
Challenger.   They are beautiful models and excellent runners, but I have a
question on the water tender.   These were the tenders of the F-3B heavy 4-6-2s
numbered in the 370s and scrapped in the early to mid 1950s.   The Challenger
model has the number 370 on the back of the tender.   Once these tenders were
put into auxiliary water use, would they have had the engine number on them or
some other number to identify them as a water car?
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM