RE: [CBQ] RE: Berwyn/Pictures

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] RE: Berwyn/Pictures
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:56:32 -0700
Bcc:
Josh,

I lived in Berwyn (33rd & East Ave) from 1943 (birth) until 1971. I just
received a copy of "First & Fastest" Spring 2005 publication. There is an
article by John Humiston with photos of the Harlem Ave Tower, photos are
from the 1930's & 1940's. There is also a track drawing of the area. You can
order the mag by going to: www.shore-line.org

As for photos of Berwyn, I have been lucky to find photos of various shots
along the Q in Berwyn from ebay, as well as other RR web sites. Have photos
from about 1920 to 1970. I took photos in the 60's at Berwyn and LaVergene
stations including 4960 & 5632. The only photo I have of Harlem Ave is of
the station in late 1960's.

I have  post cards of the Berwyn station in the 1890's and early 1900, it
was level with the street. Sometime in the 1920's, the Q raised the road bed
and the station to its present height.
If you find anything on Berwyn, I too would be very interested in seeing my
old homestead.

Good luck,
Ray Bedard
San Jose CA