Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2372

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2372
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:57:57 -0500
Roger,

Some of the original 1950 vintage cars are still in service as of the
trip I made last month from Aurora to Chicago and return. I saw nos.
702 and 703 in regular trains. That would make those cars 55 years old
and they still look better than their replacements, foreign or
otherwise! They just don't show their age. Of course, they have been
rebuilt several times and probably could be rebuilt again. From what I
have heard, it is easier to get government money for new equipment
purchases than it is for major rebuilds (read: capital equipment vs.
maintenance).

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM