[CBQ] Random Waycar Sighting

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Random Waycar Sighting
From: Albert Kamm <akamm3@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 15:37:01 -0700 (PDT)

My wife and I were bicycling near St. James Farm near Warrenville, a Chicago
suburb.  For those of you who might not be familiar, this is a large
farm/estate that is being left to DuPage County as a park when the current
owner passes away.  We were on the portion of the Illinois Prairie Path that
skirts the northern portion of the estate.  Since the leaves haven't come out
yet, we could see significantly more of the farm than normally is visible while
cycling the Prairie Path.  And tucked among the buildings is a green waycar!
It's clearly a wooden Q car.  It's in BN green with a BN herald.  I couldn't
pick up a number at the distance I was at.  Nor could I see if it was still on
the original trucks.  It is on trucks, as we could see one end pretty clearly.
The lower portion of the side is hidden when viewed from that angle.

I've ridden the path there many times and never noticed the waycar before.
Does anyone know the history of this one?  I may just have to wait until the
place is open as a park to check it out.

Al Kamm

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM