[CBQ] ConCor Pioneer Zephyr

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] ConCor Pioneer Zephyr
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 02:20:56 -0600
Seal-send-time: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 02:20:56 -0600
Greetings all,

I am a subscriber to Trainorders.com and I thought the following post would be
of interest to those of you that are looking forward to the ConCor PZ:

Regards from Palmyra Missouri,

John Lewis

***********************
Model Railroading

      April 2, 2005 00:06   Are the Con-Cor Zephyrs out yet??
Mgoldman<http://www.trainorders.com/user.php?user=Mgoldman>  new

Date: April 2, 2005 00:06
Are the Con-Cor Zephyrs out yet??
Author: Mgoldman<http://www.trainorders.com/user.php?user=Mgoldman>

Pre-ordered an HO Con-cor Burlington Zephyr, but only recently, about 2 months
ago....
Haven't heard a word since. Are they gone, or not even out yet?
Answering my own question on Google - from the Con-cor site:

Latest update on the HO and N Pioneer Zephyr Projects.

This project is taking longer than we expected, but as new information on the
Zephyr was unearthed for us by the Burlington Route Historical Society, and
other Zephyr enthusiasts over the last year we incorporated that information
into the model when appropriate,and this tended to delay things as production
of molds had to be delayed as we updated the drawings etc.

The good news is we are 99% finished with all tooling and engineering as of
late March 2005. We expect production to begin in early April of the HO models,
and it will take several months for all the sets to be produced. Then we have
to add in about 30 days transit time across the Pacific Ocean to our Arizona
warehouse, and then we can start shipping them out. With the huge number of
orders we have, it will take us a couple of weeks to get all the orders shipped
out of Tucson. All the tooling for the "N" Zephyr is scheduled to be finished
by early May, and we have been making flying changes in the "N" tooling using
information learned from the HO models.. so they should be along 3-4 months
after the HO models (fingers crossed).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM