[CBQ] LifeLike GP9 repaints - Updated info

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] LifeLike GP9 repaints - Updated info
From: "thommack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:28:15 -0000

I talked to a rep from LifeLike who told me they have not heard from
enough folks to necessarily justify a repaint of the GP9 shells. It is
understandable that a company like LifeLike will not go through major
painting/assembly if just a few folks speak up. If you would like
information on who to contact, please e-mail me off line at
thommack@yahoo.com.

At the same time, if you contact LifeLike, put in a good word for a
possible run of Red GP9's (if you are interested). The CB&Q GP9's are
Phase I, with the first two engine room doors having louvres. A lot of
railroads modified this for cooling purposes. From what I can tell in
photos including the early BN era, the GP9's were never modified. This
means that if LifeLike runs their Phase I GP9's in Red, they are
correct. My contact at LifeLike was concerned about this issue - that
to me shows a real enthusiasm for making these prototype correct. I
sent him info and photos to support the lack of modification by CB&Q,
thus bolstering the accuracy of producing the GP9's in red. But again,
company's have to make money, and they only move on a product (or
correct one) if they see a demand from us buyers.

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM