[CBQ] Seeking info on CB&Q and C&S Fan Trips for video

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Seeking info on CB&Q and C&S Fan Trips for video
From: "ghfenner" <ghfenner@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 01:48:42 -0000

Greg Scholl is working on a video project involving 16 mm films from
the 1950's and 1960's.  Greg advises that these consist of films by
two people one in Minnesota and one in Col/Wy.  Further, that most of
this is fantrips, but there is some regular service steam as well on
the C&S mainly.

If you can provide any information please include a copy to Greg in
your response - his email address is:  hk6scholl@msn.com

He is looking for:

(1) A source for dates of CB&Q and C&S fantrips.  In some cases we
have the trip but are not sure of the date, or where it ran for sure.
 In other cases we want to varify the dates.  I know some books on
some railroads have a chronicle of dates of things on the railroads,
particularly near the end of steam, which is the fantrips.  Any help
would be appreciated in this regard, either a book, web site, or whatever.

(2) Looking for some reference material that would tell me a little
about some of the routes we have trips on.

(Minneapolis to La Crosse, WI) 5632, and 3003

Lincoln to Omaha, NE (4960)

Denver to Cheyenne (C&S)

C&S to Longmont and GW (there was a trip with C&S 902 and GW 90)

C&S lines out of Denver and Cheyenne

Branch to Sterling from Denver....Mixed train with engine 919

Info on Joint line from Denver to Trinidad

Gordon Fenner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM