[CBQ] Some expertise requested decaling diesel models?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Some expertise requested decaling diesel models?
From: "captmix" <tamix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:24:01 -0000

Never thought I would stoop so low as to build a diesel but recently I
became intrigued by the brass kits put out by Gilmaur. One of his kits
is of the Alco-GE S-2 switchers. Burlington had 9 of these engines
starting in 1943.

Building the kit shouldn't be too much of a problem but in studying
the photos in Burlington Bulletin # 2 (S-2 Switchers) those stripes on
the nose does look like a problem! Microscale has the decals for these
switchers.

This is the question?how would those decals fit over the large air
grills on the front? It looks to me that no matter how much solvent is
used it just ain't going to look right. A lot of swearing will be
involved. Or will it work? I can attach the grab irons after decaling
through previously drilled holes which will be covered by the nose
stripes.

Has anyone here built this engine or any one of Gilmaur's kits? If I
go this route it will be Proto 48.

Tom Mix

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM