[CBQ] Special Posting! Seeking info on Model T Ford Track Runner/Inspec

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Special Posting! Seeking info on Model T Ford Track Runner/Inspection
From: "ghfenner" <ghfenner@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:42:28 -0000

Jack Haeussinger has found a real gem - a 1923 Model T Ford Track
Runner/Inspection.  His message to BRHS follows:

"I've come into possession of a 1923 Model T Ford that appears very
similar to one in a photo by J. R. Hickox taken Mar 20, 1912 near
Lincoln, Nebraska. The photo is said to be a track inspection car
owned and operated by the Burlington Railroad. The car I have was in
the process of being restored starting somewhere in Texas around 1981
and ended up here in San Diego. The car was never finished and many of
its parts have disappeared over the years. The fellow that was doing
the restoration sold it to the fellow I bought it from about eight
years ago. The fellow I bought it from knows almost no details about
the car as he just bought it for its Ford parts. I can't talk with the
fellow that was doing the restoration as he is six years deceased and
his survivors have moved and his name was forgotten. The 1912 photo
shows track wheels of approximately 40" in diameter. My car has 18"
diameter Fairmont motor car wheels. The wood portion of the car is
painted a dark green similar to the old Railway Express green. Neither
the paint nor the wood is original. They are part of the abandoned
restoration effort.

I know this is a lot of dialog but I offer it hoping somebody may know
of this car. I'm desperately trying to find the origin of this car so
that I can restore it to its original configuration. To date, I have
not even been able to locate anyone who has even seen a car like this
much less what railroad used them.

Any ideas, info, or help would be greatly appreciated."

PLEASE BE SURE to include a copy to Jack with any of your postings.
His email address is:  Goldenhillmusic@aol.com

Gordon Fenner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM