RE: [CBQ] E: Mini-metals R-190 truck

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] E: Mini-metals R-190 truck
From: "Jim Goodin" <horse1@netexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:22:18 -0600
Gerald,

I looked up the IH R series in my International Trucks reference book.
It shows R model cabs starting in 1952.  The last photo of new R models
is in 1965.  Before the R model there was an L model that looked almost
identical except for a minor difference in the grill.

I have a B.T.L.(Burlington Truck Lines) magazine reprint from November
1959 that shows an R205 semi tractor however its grill is somewhat
different from the Mini-Metals model.  I've never seen a photo of a
Burlington R model straight truck, but that doesn't mean they did not
have them.

Hope this helps you.

Jim Goodin
Davenport, IA