[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Map in 11/2004 TRAINS Magazine?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Map in 11/2004 TRAINS Magazine?
From: "Mel Carlson" <mgcarlson@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:56:07 -0000

At best it is an interesting historical map that illustrates the
growth of the CB&Q system from 1850 to 1940. The map was
produced by the "Office of Chief Engineer CB&Q R.R." and
covers about 1 1/2 pages (64-65). The map shows the growth for
the following years:
1850-1859
1860-1869
1870-1879
1880-1889
1890-1899
1900-1940
Different track symbols are used to show when rail lines were
opened for service. The map also contains sites that have
historical significance such as the birthplaces of Mark Twain and
John J. Pershing. Significant locations such as Devil's Tower,
Scott's Bluff National Monument etc. There is also a single
column of text that describes the growth of the railroad. It is part
of a series that Trains has been running "MAP OF THE MONTH"
That's about it!

Mel Carlson
Grayslake, IL  (On the Milwaukee Road J Line)

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@s...> wrote:

> I saw something on the TRAINS/Kalmbach website recently
that refered

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM