[CBQ] Re: "O" SCALE S-4 S-4A Affordable

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: "O" SCALE S-4 S-4A Affordable
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:48:50 -0600
Steve,

There is one glaring error in Sunset's offering. There ads all show
#4000 as an oil burner, which it never was. They have added a model of
#4002 as an oil burner, and their most recent ad shows this model as
"same as #4000". When Sunset first announced this run some months ago,
I wrote to Scott Mann concerning the error of offering #4000 as an oil
burner, but never received a reply. Hopefully, this offering is better
than the recent O-5. That model has several significant errors,
particularly on the mid series engines, nos. 5614 (which I have) and
5620. Sunset needs to find a technical advisor. With the hudsons, there
is all kinds of information available, particularly in BRHS Bulletin
#33.

Don't get me wrong, their prices are "right", but they need to pay more
attention to major details. These errors could have been done correctly
for the same price. I don't know how good his models of other roads'
locomotives are because I am not as familiar with them, but I do have
some knowledge of Q locomotives. If I am paying a grand or more for a
model, I expect it to look like what it is supposed to be.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM