[CBQ] [PCL] Re: Posts on CZ, DZ and Q car assignments

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] [PCL] Re: Posts on CZ, DZ and Q car assignments
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:30:52 -0000

I remember than, in the mid 1960's, the Denver Union Station ticket
office was assigned some of the slumbercoach rooms to sell, whereas
the CB&Q ticket office on 17th Street had other spaces.  In the fall
of 1966, I tried to book slumbercoach space for both my brother and
myself at the CB&Q ticket office for the Winter holidays and was told
they were sold out, but to try DUS's ticket office.  I did so and
they were sold out as well.  So I booked space on the City of
Denver.  However, within a few days spaced opened up on the DZ for
us, so I was able to cancel the City of Denver tickets.  So things
worked out nicely <g>.

Incidentally, my high school French teacher had been a Burlington
Passenger agent before he began teaching French.

sjl