[CBQ] Cleaning dishes in the diner.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Cleaning dishes in the diner.
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:11:55 -0000

How did they handle the cleaning of china and silverware used in the
Zephyrs' diners?  I do not remember any dishwashing equipment on any
of the plans for the dining cars.

I am especially curious about where dining car dishes and silverware
were cleaned after use on the California Zephyr, since approximately
six meals were served each trip.  At several hundred passengers, that
would be a lot of plates, cups, spoons, forks, etc.

sjl