Re: [CBQ] RE: CB&Q post-streamliner truck diagrams

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: CB&Q post-streamliner truck diagrams
From: "East Pass" <EastPass@19main.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:53:01 -0600
Charlie,

Many of the car order contracts I've seen indicate that the
truck and draft gear components will by provided by the
Railroad. They would place large orders with the foundries
and have their initials stamped in the side frames.

Another oft ignored fact is that most of the scrap sales
awards required the return of the couplers, draft gear,
and sometimes trucks and wheel sets. I can recall that
once and a while Purdy at Burnham IL would bill a gon of
parts to Havelock.

Russ