[CBQ] Re: 50's freight consists

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: 50's freight consists
From: "graywolfs2" <graywolfs2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 01:10:16 -0000

Any of the "Q" books by Mike Spoor would be a great help as they are
in color. I especially recommend his "CB&Q Color Guide to Freight
and Passenger Equipment.

Also check the BRHS web site for back issues of the Bulletin. there
are always great pictures in them and look at the back grounds in
the photos...lots of info there.

There was an article published in Model Railroader back in I believe
the 1980's about figuring freight car ratios for model rr's. You are
correct at using 50% "home road (CB&Q)" and then breaking up the
other half into the various other roads. Think though of what other
lines were around the area that you want to model and then use that
as your basis for the other percentages.

One last plug...if you haven't already joined the BRHS..Look into
joining! The two meets that are put on each year are great and the
fellow members are a wealth of information, not to mention the
publications!!!.

I hope this helps you in your search for answers to your "Q"
questions.

Greg K.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM