Re: Re: [CBQ] Identifying unknown steam locations...

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [CBQ] Identifying unknown steam locations...
From: "Bob Yarger" <ryarger@rypn.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:44:49 -0500
I don't recall a tank like that at Ft. Collins, but Cheyenne did have one
like it.  In that photo, the 902 has an auxilliary tender, normally used
only on the route north of Cheyenne, plus it has a gray smokebox rather than
silver.  In the late-1950s, the Denver roundhouse usually painted smokeboxes
and fireboxes silver, but they were returned to Q's regulation gray when
reassigned to Cheyenne.  Thus, I think the 902 photo is actually Cheyenne,
not Ft. Collins.

Bob Yarger, Editor
Railway Preservation News (free website)
www.rypn.org