[CBQ] CB&Q Brass for sale

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Brass for sale
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 03:05:45 -0500
Greetings fellow CB&Q modelers;

Hospital bills associated with another round of eye surgery for my
daughter has made it necessary for me to part with more of my Burlington
brass.  Consequently, I am offering several unusual and hard-to-find HO
scale CB&Q brass models for sale.  This is an unique opportunity for
steam-era Burlington modelers to pick up some great pieces.   I'm
offering these first to the BRHS group.  Items not sold directly will be
headed to Ebay in the very near future.  I don't have a layout yet, so
none of these pieces has done much running.

ZEPHYR Models
Challenger Imports Ltd. #2354.1s Mark Twain Zephyr, post-war version
without Mars light  (this is from the December 2002 run)  Mint condition
in original box, test run only.  $1075
Railway Classics #CBQEA36 EMC EA #9904 Pegasus diesel shovelnose
locomotive for Twin Cities Zephyr  (This is the original version)  Mint
condition in original box, test run only.  $475

STEAM
Oriental Limited CB&Q O-1A 2-8-2 w/Worthington FWH, sloped coal boards,
near mint in original box, re-geared with NWSL gear box.  $650
Oriental Limited CB&Q O-1A 2-8-2 w/Worthington FWH, sloped coal boards,
paint stripped, good condition, poor original box, bad gear box.  $475
Oriental Limited CB&Q O-1A 2-8-2 w/Elesco FWH, sloped coal boards, near
mint in original box  $625

LMB CB&Q S-2A, excellent condition with near-mint original box &
replacement foam.  Some re-detailing done (class lamps, new
air/steam/signal lines & hoses, corrected Elesco FWH pump mount)  $500
LMB CB&Q S-2A, very good condition with near-mint original box &
replacement foam.  Private road paint job has been stripped.  Some
re-detailing done (class lamps, new air/steam/signal lines & hoses,
corrected Elesco FWH pump mount)  $450

STEAM PROJECTS (for you coal fields modelers)
Challenger Imports Ltd.  CB&Q M-4A 2-10-4 #6323 project engine and
tender, factory-painted, running gear needs work, no original box,
motor, gearbox, $700.  (please e-mail me for details)

I also have two sets of detail parts to upgrade an LMB or NKP Products
M-4 2-10-4 and turn it into a show piece.   These include most of the
significant detail castings for the boiler, pilot, etc.   I have only
two sets, one with Elesco feedwater heater (FWH) and one Worthington
FWH.  This is probably a once-in-a-lifetime chance to acquire such a set
of parts.  These parts were originally produced for the Challenger
Imports models and are not available commercially.  I purchased a group
of models and detail parts from the estate of deceased modeler and these
were among them.  Even though they would bring far more if the parts
were sold individually, I'd like to make them available as sets to some
CB&Q modeler(s) who has the interest and inclination to upgrade one or
more older models.   The price may at first seem quite high, but there
are a lot of parts in each set and they really will turn a dinosaur
model into something very special.   (please e-mail me for details, you
won't be disappointed)   If they end up on Ebay, it will be as separate
component groups, not the complete sets.

M-4A detail Set #1, >120 parts, includes Elesco feedwater heater
components, stack, all domes, turrets, lots of piping and detail
castings, and photo-etched and formed cab components for 1927 engines
with rectangular cab,  $240
M-4A detail Set #2, >110 parts, includes Worthington feedwater heater
components, stack, all domes, turrets, lots of piping and detail
castings, cab rear wall pieces.  $200
M-4A Tender parts, includes photo-etched and formed tender underframe
components, cast end beams (front & rear), cast apron supports, 4 brake
hanger & beam castings for Commonwealth tender trucks  (I have only one
set of these)  $35
M-4A  Etched tender deck, very nice rivet detail, formed and drilled.
Have 2, $10 each

HEAVYWEIGHT PASSENGER EQUIPMENT
Aurora Car Shops CB&Q Standard Steel Passenger Car  70' Baggage RPO, 3
window version, mint, unpainted in original box.   $400
Aurora Car Shops CB&Q Standard Steel Passenger Car  70' Chair Car
w/mechanical Air Conditioning, mint, unpainted in original box.   $360
Aurora Car Shops CB&Q Standard Steel Passenger Car  70' Coach
w/mechanical Air Conditioning, mint, unpainted in original box.   $360

Nickel Plate Car Company CB&Q PB-21 Mainline Coach kit, complete, new in
box  $55
Nickel Plate Car Company CB&Q BA-10 Baggage car kit, complete, new in
box  $55
Nickel Plate Car Company CB&Q BA-10 Baggage car kit, complete, new in
box  $55
Nickel Plate Car Company CB&Q BA-10 Baggage/Rider car kit, complete, new
in box  $55

WAYCARS
Challenger Imports Ltd  #2214.1 CB&Q Class NE-7 waycar #13949, factory
painted with white herald, mint with original box  $215
Challenger Imports Ltd  #2214.2 CB&Q Class NE-7 waycar #13972, factory
painted with black & white herald, mint with original box  $215
(These are from the first 1997 Challenger Imports Ltd run and have the
end lavatory window.  These beautiful models have been enhanced with
marker lamp lenses, painted springs and wheelsets, and Kadee couplers)

Please contact me off-list if you have questions or are interested in
any of these pieces.  I can supply pictures as needed.  Actual insured
shipping will be at the buyer's expense.  Thanks.

Kind regards,

Rob Adams

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM