[CBQ] Lincoln/Beatrice stuff

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Lincoln/Beatrice stuff
From: "jworones" <jworones@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:27:24 -0000
First off, thanks to all those supplying info on the Q sites in and
around Lincoln! Here's a few things spotted around Lincoln and
Beatrice.

In the auto repair lot behind the old RI depot on O Street (Lincoln)
are two Burlington 40' Timpte trailers. Lettered Burlington with BN
number plates over the Q number.

There are two bomber boxes in the scrap yard south of the Lincoln Q
depot. One is green with windows cut in it and the other is silver.
Couldn't get any photos.

Photographed passing through Lincoln was a Q four bay open hopper -
one the Bethlehem hoppers. 160xxx series. I'll get the number after
the film is developed. Looked like the gates were welded closed. The
ATSF hopper immediately behind it also had the gates welded shut and
was stenciled "scrap metal loading only". Q car might be in the same
service.

Down in Beatrice I found four bomber boxes, at least I think they
are. If you work your way towards the cement plant from the depot,
two are built into the sides of a building and two are sitting in a
dirt lot near by. The two in the dirt lot were numbered CBQ 93210 and
93298.

Some one asked about where the benches in the Lincoln depot went.
According to "Rock Island Town Fairbury, Nebraska: Western Division",
they are in the waiting room of the former RI depot there.

Thanks again - the info was a great help!

Jeff Worones
Las Vegas, NV

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM