[CBQ] Re: CB&Q 9255 photos

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q 9255 photos
From: Jerry Appleman <jerryapp@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:16:28
In Digest Number 2152, James Kolanowski <jklists@iagil.net> wrote:
>It looks like some had them at some point, but I'm trying to find out if
>ours had it in Q or not.  Its probably safe to say it didn't have it
>with the everywhere west/way of the zephyrs scheme, but you never know.
>Same goes for the sealed beam headlights, did the 9255 have those, or do
>we go with the assumption that some others had it, perhaps 9255 did, and
>we'll go on that for now.  I sure would like to be as accurate as
>possible on those items.  What do ya'll think?

I have photos of CB&Q SW7s 9252 and 9290, both taken in Denver
Colorado in 1969.

Both do NOT have "gumballs".

9255 is a rear 3/4 view with large "Burlington" and the headlight
is NOT sealed beam.

9260 is a side view with "Everywhere West" the photo does not
show the headlight type, but it appears to not be a sealed beam.

I hope that this helps.

Jerry Appleman
 Jerry's Railroad Photo Album (photos of railroads 30 years ago)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM