Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2118

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2118
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:29:57 -0500
Bill,

Good point that I hadn't thought about. I am sure that the PSC version
was only available in 2 rail. I purchased one and it almost cost me a
divorce! Mine is #4003 and it sure is a fine looking model. However,
hoping that Scott Mann will do a little more homework, I couldn't pass
up a second hudson at a far more reasonable price, so I too, have
ordered #3007, but in 2 rail. Certainly didn't mean to exclude you
folks in 3 rail. The are a lot more of you than there are of us 2 rail
O scalers and it is because of you and the volume you create, that
Sunset 3RD rail is able to price their products so reasonably. I think
that PSC produced less than 100 Q hudsons in all versions.

Earlier this year, I purchased a Sunset Q 4-8-4 #5614. In general , it
is a fine model, but some details could have used more attention and
several of us have pointed that out to Sunset.

As for Galesburg, I certainly hope to be able to attend. I didn't make
the Spring meet due to a conflict. I always look forward to seeing the
fine models exhibited as well as meeting fellow enthusiasts.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM