[CBQ] Swaps and Foreigners at BRHS meets

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Swaps and Foreigners at BRHS meets
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:39:04 -0500
The "flavor" of Swaps at BRHS meets varies.
Some of them I have walked away with my cash, checkbook and credit card
undamaged.
Others I didn't have enough resources to buy everything I saw that I
wanted.....
For me it isn't the "dealers" who show up that matters... it is who decides
to dig out their surplus or unwanted Q goodies and throws 'em in a box and
hauls them to the meet that makes the difference.
I very seldom find model railroad equipment that I "need" (my basement being
better stocked than most hobby shops after having been in N Scale alone for
36 years!) but every once in a while somebody has a picture, pamphlet or
drawing that has information that I need for my research.
I agree with Gerald in that the connecting roads enhance the meets..... and
you never know what somebody's secondary interest might turn up.... the
Streator meet had one of the best railroad presentations I have ever heard
(Lamb's history of the AT&SF Chicago extension) but superficially it wasn't
a CB&Q topic....but it certainly helped me understand the management of the
Q and its competitive environment much better.
Charlie Vlk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM