[CBQ] re: 2005 Annual Meeting

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] re: 2005 Annual Meeting
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:35:19 -0000
The 2005 Annual Meeting, Sept. 23-25, is NOT a joint meeting.  As
stated, there will be as much of a presence as we can encourage from
groups representing the Milwaukee, I.C. & CGW.  Why?  1) the more
fans, modelers & collectors present, the more money to be made by
BRHS & those members selling/swapping, the more information to be
shared, etc.  2) the Q shared trackage rights with the IC & CGW,
shared a depot with IC, etc. 3) more dealers and mfg's are likely to
be present if a larger group is assured. Thus more for you to see &
do! 4) More area residents will attend (& spend money, share their
memories, etc) if there are more RR's represented. 5) More publicity
can be gained. 6) Most fans of any particular RR, whether the Q or
the Milw or whatever, usually have some interest in other RR's to the
extent that "their" RR shared something; i.e. Milw/Q had a Jt TT on
the north end of the LaCrosse Div & used each other as detour routes
along the Mississippi; the Q originally used IC to get to Dbq via
Forreston until CB&N was built; CGW/C&NW-Q had reciprocal switching,
etc. As for TRUE "joint meets", there have only been a couple, all
others were 100% under the auspices of BRHS.  IF you feel there was
some loss to BRHS members at previous BRHS meets due to other RR
Historical Societies being present, please share the specific
problems so thay may be addressed.  Feel free to do so to this list
or contact me as a Board member off-list (or any other Officer)
 Thanks! (and see you 15 months from now in Dubuque as well as @
Galesburg this Sept & Quad-Cities next spring)       Gerald

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM