[CBQ] Re: Waycar Questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Waycar Questions
From: "ncbqguy" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:32:58 -0000
14451 was built in Aurora in March of 1911 according to Joe Douda's
Waycar Roster.
"Gig Top Lamps" show up in most old waycar photos; the time period
of their use has not been researched to my knowledge.  I would guess
that most, if not all, waycars had this appliance at some time in
their careers.  Most waycars have evidence of the access hole which
accepted the kerosene burner in the roof of the cupola...
There were other maker or train indicator systems used as well....
lights built into the fascia of the coupola and the corner marker
light boxes which were displayed and operated from the inside of the
car through what looked like small rectangular windows high on the
corners of the car side ends.
Charlie Vlk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM