[CBQ] Re: 70 Years Ago Today: Pioneer Zephyr's Dawn-to-Dusk Run

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: 70 Years Ago Today: Pioneer Zephyr's Dawn-to-Dusk Run
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:48:33 -0000
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@s...> wrote:
> Today is the 70th anniversary of the Pioneer Zephyr's famous 13
hour
> dawn-to-dusk run from Denver to chicago.

To mark the event, I brought my MTH O-gauge Pioneer Zephyr to work
for display along with some color books with photos of the train.

Many of my coworkers were interested, especially those who have seen
the prototype on display at Chicago's Museum of Science and
Industry.

My material grandparents (and 3-month old mother) saw the PZ during
the dawn to dusk run between Kewanee & Neponset, IL.

Bill

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM