[CBQ] Re: CZ Vista Dome Chair Coaches

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CZ Vista Dome Chair Coaches
From: "jobbox123" <jobbox123@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:38:16 -0000
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, SilvrDome@a... wrote:
> Charlie,
>
> Will the Broadway Limited Vista Dome Chair Coaches come in both the
regular
> window arrangement, and the Vista Dome Chair Coach version with the
Conductor
> desk and small window?
>
> Thanks for the info!
>
> Hubert

I too would be intersted in the answer: If they actually accurately
provide both versions with the proper names for each type of dome
coach then Broadway will have really accomplished something that no
other manufacturer has yet done in plastic. That is, accurate cars.

My opinion is that the most important features to match to prototype
are the things that are visible: proper window arrangements,
name/number boards, fluting,  and basic underbody detail and trucks.
Underbody detail that is typically not seen like piping/lines is just
not important.

I see no reason why accurate cars can not be produced in non-brass.
Applying modern enginnering tools and techniques for mold production
would make this a cost effective business and drive demand since the
quality of the final product could conceivably exceed brass with
respect to accuracy and operating characteristics.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511